As a Professionally trained Midwife and Hypnobirthing Practitioner I offer
group classes and 1:1 classes for a specialised service
HypnoBirthing is looking at birth and appreciating it in a more gentle and kinder way. It works by supporting parents to have space together, a time for them to plan the birth the way they want it. Most parents would choose a calm and relaxed birth for themselves and their children if they could, so looking at how to make this come true is integral.
Couples feel their understanding and confidence grows after class 1, which becomes stronger week by week. We learn skills which provide us with the ability to manage the new experiences parenthood brings.
How it works and what’s included
It works by understanding the connections between mind and body. How we plan and direct our labour and birth is up to us, but we must know how to do this. If we choose to run a marathon, we train and condition our mind and body for a positive result; getting to the finish line, the delight of that moment of achievement after months of preparation and planning.
In pregnancy many parents dread the day of birth, not thinking about it much until they’re doing it, so no wonder it is an uphill struggle. In HypnoBirthing planning our labour and birth is done by letting go of fear, trepidation and anxiety. I teach you how you can condition our mind and body to have a peaceful and comfortable birth.
The difference is that in a marathon the body is working hard using physical energy, whereas in labour, the opposite is true, the less physical work we do the more the labour hormones flow, meaning we release endorphins meaning we relax even more as endorphins give us a feeling of euphoria and we also release more oxytocin. By doing no physical work at all we are able to be comfortable and inspired during labour and birth. In HypnoBirthing we become fearless and at the same time energised. You can appreciate that your success is down to your desire and motivation for this wonderful birth to happen. And you will have all of these qualities as you have been focused for weeks or months with this moment in mind.
- 5 amazing classes, each week is packed full of relevant and useful information you will use in your pregnancy, labour, birth and forever. The work you both do here will affect your baby amazingly. Many many parents have told how their babies are so calm and relaxed feed well, sleep well and adapt perfectly to life at home. They are alert at birth, and cry little.
- Classes are run consecutively for 5 weeks on Monday evenings and Saturday afternoons in central Taunton. The course lasts for 12 and a half hours in total.
- Free CD by Marie Mongan, which enables you to relax easily, and conditions you to do this instantly, so in labour you relax whenever you need to. Many fathers have spoken about how their sleep has been enhanced and they have made positive changes in their life at home and work just by going to sleep listening to this CD alone.
- Free HypnoBirthing handbook, a brilliant read for anyone at all interested in birth and most definitely parents. Full of up -to-date, evidenced facts and information.
- Email and telephone support whenever you would like it in between classes and until birth. I am here to support you.
- All relevant handouts for home practice, as practising at home ensures you keep your confidence and you become closer as a result.
Benefits to you
- Free handbook and 2 CD's - 1 for relaxation, 1 of music to help your baby relax.
- Time for yourself.
- Time as parents together to appreciate your baby, and how your life will be different together. Gain support from one another.
- Space to eliminate niggles or concerns.
- Understanding of how you can gain and retain confidence and stop negativity, yours or others.
- Communicating with baby and strengthening the pre birth relationship you all have with your baby.
- Peace of mind.
- I offer you a top up session to clear up any last minute concerns at 38 weeks if you would like that.
- You are welcome to attend all post birth relaxation and support and receive a post birth CD for relaxation, rejuvenation and sleep deprivation.
- Classes with other couples, up to a max of 4 couples. Great for meeting people and making new friends.
- Option for 1 to 1 classes if that’s preferable to you.
- No distractions and time to spend relaxing and focusing on the future in a positive way.
- The list of benefits are too numerous to list, but to have confidence in ones own abilities and to have peace of mind is a gift, and in HypnoBirthing, we receive this gift. This is why using hypnotherapy is proven to reduce the presence of post natal depression. Even if we do have a bad day (as we all do) we realise here that we do have inbuilt techniques to manage our feelings and to minimise the unhelpful thoughts them rather than allow them to become overwhelming. Through developing a greater awareness of how we tick, we can make choices to have a happier life with our baby as a parent.
Now all you need to do is choose whether you would like to work as part of a group or as an individual couple - only you will know what suits you best.
If you are unsure about which option would suit you best, contact me and we can talk about it - Tel: 01823 350945.
Once you choose to book onto this excellent and collaborative course with me I will send you a Relaxed Parenting pack which includes: the book and the CD, an article about the origins of HypnoBirthing, enrolment forms to complete and return to me before our first session with your first fee payment.
Telephone: 01823 350945 - Mobile: 07929 857608 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinics in Taunton and Bristol